Religious Islamic Habits
18 Oct 2017
People often forget the importance of the simple yet powerful dua (supplication) – Istighfar i.e., saying “Astaghfirullah” (I seek forgiveness of Allah). It is the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) to seek istighfaar 100 times daily. Let us see the benefits and virtues of reciting this simple beautiful supplication inShaAllah.
- Istighfar (Astagfirullah) is the gateway of relief and happiness. Whenever you are in distress start reciting it and Insha Allah it will take you out of your anxiety and will put you in a peaceful situation and will give you happiness.
- Istighfar removes anxiety and duas are answered.
- Istighfar opens the door of sustenance.
- Istighfar opens the door of mercy.
- Istighfar opens the door of knowledge.
- Istighfar is also the gateway of productivity.
- Istighfar relieves you. When you feel that sadness within you, when you are disturbed and frustrated, when anxiety surrounds you, say “Astaghfirullah” “Astaghfirullah”…
- Reciting Astaghfiruallah is an effective method of calming our self and wipes away the variety of worldly worries from our mind and body. It may also help us, if we are suffering from depression,it calms us and lessens our depression.
- Astaghfirullah also helps us to refrain from all forms of sins. Regularly saying this reminds us that Allah is everywhere and in this way there is very small chances of doing wrongful actions.
- Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.” [Abu Dawud].
- In another hadith, Abdullah bin Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
- “The one who (regularly) says Istighfaar, that is, frequently repent to Allah Ta’aala for sins committed,Allah Azza Wa-Jal will open a path from poverty and difficulties. All sorrow and hardship will be removed, and in its place prosperity and contentment granted. One will receive sustenance from unimagined and unexpected sources.”
- Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has said in another Hadith:
- “The one who seeks forgiveness for Muslim males and females from Allah Ta’aala twenty six or twenty five times every day, Allah Ta’ala will count that person among those whose Du’a is accepted, and through the barakah of whom those on earth gain Rizq (sustenance).”
- Do Tasbih of Astaghfaar at least 100 times daily as it is the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- In one minute, you can say “Astaghfiru Allaah” more than 100 times! The virtue of seeking forgiveness is well-known, it is a reason of obtaining forgiveness, entering Paradise, having good provisions, increasing one’s strength, repelling harm, having affairs facilitated, the descent of rain, and increasing in wealth and children.
- The doors of repentance are always open therefore don’t delay your repentance in a hope of tomorrow, as tomorrow is uncertain, Repent now and make it a habit to ask Allah’s forgiveness by reciting “Astaghfirullah”.
- Say I believe in Allah’s mercy, I have sinned, I have gone astray, I have been negligent, but still I believe in Allah’s soothing mercy and forgiveness, I’ll not despair!
Learn Arabic Letters: Part 1
Arabic is a difficult language to learn since its letters are completely different from those of the Latin alphabet. In order to properly learn Arabic, you must first familiarize and memorize the Arabic alphabet and the phonetics of Arabic letters.READ MORE
Learn to read Quran with Tajweed Rules: The Ghunnah and Idgham
To understand this article, you should have a basic understanding of Arabic letters and how they are pronounced and tashkeel (diacritics). For more knowledge about these topics please check our articles concerning Arabic letters and diacritics or start taking our “Reading Arabic Letters Classes” or “Noorani Qaeda Classes”.READ MORE
Learn Arabic Words and Phrases: Nationalities
The world is vast and includes people of different races and nationalities. In today’s article, we will learn the Arabic words and phrases relating to different nationalities. Keep reading, in order to find and learn to pronounce your nationality in Arabic as well as learn to respond to different questions concerning where you come from.READ MORE